Shane P. Criqui has been practicing law for 9 years and is a veteran of six trials, including trials in Orange County, Los Angeles, and Riverside superior courts. He has also successfully defended employers in Labor Commissioner proceedings. Mr. Criqui has represented clients and won in arbitration, the California Court of Appeal, the U.S. District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Criqui has represented clients and won in arbitration, the California Court of Appeal, the U.S. District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Criqui’s goal is to provide aggressive but practical legal representation to achieve clients’ objectives in litigation. Mr. Criqui’s representative cases include:
- Trial attorney in two month trial in Orange County Superior Court. Secured full defense victory for client. Plaintiff had demanded $129 million in damages for purported violations of California’s Insurance Frauds Prevention Act, but took nothing.
- Secured full defense victory for employer in California Labor Commissioner hearing. Plaintiffs sought approximately $250,000 on claims for unpaid bonuses, overtime wages, penalties and interest. After a full-day hearing involving direct and cross examination of seven witnesses, Plaintiffs were awarded zero.
- Trial attorney in one month trial in Orange County Superior Court. Secured full defense victory in an action alleging multi-million dollar claims for breach of fiduciary duty regarding the dissolution of a California corporation.
- Trial attorney in six day arbitration hearing representing claimant against former employer. Secured an award in excess of $600,000 for claimant on oral employment contract claims.
- Obtained a $3.5 million judgment for plaintiff in merger and acquisition litigation, including substantial punitive damages.
- Successfully represented real estate company in multiple actions, including for commissions owed to real estate company on the sale of an eight figure property in Orange County.
- Successfully represented a medical corporation and its owner in a breach of fiduciary duty action brought by the former partner of the owner.
- Successfully represented a New York based law firm, obtained summary judgment in federal court, and defended the judgment in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. See Lauter v. Anoufrieva, 550 Fed. Appx. 473 (9th Cir. 2013); Lauter v. Anoufrieva, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 91703 (C.D. Cal. August 31, 2010); Lauter v. Anoufrieva, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 97069 (C.D. Cal. July 14, 2010).
Mr. Criqui has continuously been selected as a 2015 and 2016 Southern California “Rising Stars” list by Super Lawyers magazine.
Prior to becoming a partner at Stuart Kane LLP, Mr. Criqui was a litigation attorney at Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth for seven years. Mr. Criqui also served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court Judge, Central District of California in 2006. Prior to law school, Mr. Criqui worked as an Investment Banking Analyst for CIBC World Markets (aka CIBC Oppenheimer) in New York City.
News About Shane Criqui
Please click links below for details.